Make a giant stick spider web Halloween decoration for your front yard or porch this year. A fun and easy Halloween nature craft the whole family can enjoy making and decorating together!
Our giant stick spider web was inspired by THIS Upcycled Halloween wreath made by Susie over at Twitchetts. When I saw her gorgeous creation, I knew I had to make a GIANT stick spiderweb to hang on our porch.
Related: Halloween Pumpkin Salt Painting
Giant Stick Spider Web Nature Craft Materials:
- Four 3 – 8 foot sticks or branches
- Wood screw
- 3/16 inch by 100 feet white nylon rope
- Staple Gun (optional)
More Giant Stick Spider Web Supply options:
- Glow in the dark paracord (This rope is a lot thinner but it might be fun to use to make a stick spiderweb.)
- Spider Decorations
Related: Glowing Ghost Sensory Bottle
How to Make a Stick Spider Web Halloween Decoration:
- Collect 4 long 3 – 8 foot sticks and trim off excess leaves and twigs.
- Position sticks in web shape. Drill wood screw though sticks one at a time to attach them together. We used a 3-inch wood screw that ended up being way too long. We placed a cork on it to protect our family from injury.
- Starting from the middle, do your best to wrap the rope around the sticks in a zig sag pattern until you have a nice sturdy center.
- Continue to weave and wrap the rope around the sticks in a spiderweb pattern from the center outward. You may need to re-work it from the center outward a few times to create a nice firm web.
- Use a twisty tie, a zip-tie, a staple gun, or even a glue gun with glue sticks to attach the rope towards the end of one of the sticks in your web to finish it. Feel free to fasten the rope at different parts of the spider web using any one of the above options.
- The proper way to hang your giant stick spiderweb will depend on where you are trying to put it. Use a combination of more rope tied to the ends of the sticks, zip-ties and/or a staple gun to make sure it is well attached. We ended up weaving more rope around the ends of the sticks as we worked which made it even bigger and more awesome!
Making a giant stick spider web is a fun DIY project the whole family will enjoy creating together. Weave and decorate one for your front yard or porch today!
We believe in the magic of childhood, the power of our dreams, spending more time outside than inside, and making this world a greener place to live!
More Fun Halloween Ideas
Halloween Pumpkin Salt Painting for KidsRead More Gorgeous Glowing DIY Halloween LanternsRead More Halloween Art Projects Kids Love!Read More Glow in the Dark Ghost Halloween Sensory BottleRead More Glow in the Dark Halloween Pumpkin Sensory BottleRead More 13 Healthy Treats and Fun Alternatives for HalloweenRead More